A client reached out to me to conceptualize and design a job search platform.
- Keep job search intuitive for the candidates so that they can find jobs suiting their skills, position, industry, role and location or even by company name.
- Keep candidates engaged during the job search.
- For the recruiter side, the search provided over the candidate is required to have a huge set of fields to search upon every data point that the candidate has entered.
- Promptness is an important factor to keep users engaged on the app.
CONCEPT & DESIGN
Creating a user experience flow allowed me to make decision paths clear and guide the user toward their goal.
Creating a conceptual model helped me embody what the user’s need and goals are. It allowed me to ensure that I was consistent in my designs while also maintaining consistency.
User Journey Map
➤ Sketching out ideas to map out the skeleton of the app prior to working on low-fidelity wireframes helped me visualize the multiple paths I can take before committing to one.
➤ I love to sketch multiple variations of the key screens of my user flow to help me narrow down ideas and help me select the key elements that will help me create a simple & purposeful navigational flow.
HIGH FIDELITY PROTOTYPE
- Building a high fidelity prototype using the feedback from the usability testing to ensure that the main user goal was met – users should be able to find the pathway to find the dream job that fit their skillset and experience.
- My goal: Action oriented navigation